I could be greedy right here and post a My-Kickass-Posts-of-2009, but instead I am going to share with you all some of the posts I enjoyed from fellow bloggers in 2009. I won’t lie, I may still do a review of LifeExcursion before the end of the year, but for now, I would like to share the wealth of knowledge I have gained from others posts throughout the year with most focus being in the last 6 months.
2009 has been great for my growth. I have met through the inter-tubes many people from around the world that I probably would have never knowingly run in to. I think blogging is a great venture for anyone’s growth. It is not so tough that you throw a Wii controller through your monitor on purpose. But, it is not so easy that it becomes a watered-down social network (*CO-Facebook-UGH*). I know I am going to keep up with the growth of my blogging and hopefully, venture towards other avenues I have hoped to touch.
Without further adieu….I present….
- 42 Ways to Radically Simplify Your Financial Life – To this day, I think this has been the best all-around financial post I have read on blogs anywhere. Baker touches on every topic of finances while stressing control over your own life. Hands down my FAV post of 2009.
- Do You Have Money Left Over Each Month? – J. Money kind of sums up his whole approach of BudgetsAreSexy in this post. I fall to the extra cash = extra spend dilemma to this day. I hate this aspect of my life and countless times I have “given up over-spending forever”. I think this post really focuses the efforts on the end-game of budgeting.
- The 7 Extraordinary Benefits of Rising Early – Ken of WasabiBurger describes the numerous benefits of rising early. I am a faithful follower of such practice and think the details Ken shows will guide any and everyone down this path.
- My Last Day… – Growing my blog alongside the general time frame of Sean, I have enjoyed seeing him blow all expectations out of the water. I think this post was the turning point for his life headed in the direction he really wants it to. I am afraid for millions who never get a chance to experience what Sean has gone through over the last few months as well as the months to come. I hope many more people start following Sean and his pursuits for ultimate freedom.
- I Don’t Want to Be an Alcoholic – Talk about eye opening. Karen of DreamintheLife opened up to the world with this post and it, I think, is her most read and interacted post of her blog’s history. This was a ballsy post that I don’t even think I would have posted. Congrats to Karen for taking such a giant leap into 2010!!!
- How to Live An Awesome Life Abroad Without Having a Job – Jonny probably comes up with the greatest titles to go along with his posts. I think this post really is a great eye into the actual travels, struggles, financial set up, and general wisdom of an independent lifestyle designer.
- The Dream Budget : Your Debt Free Potential! What’s Yours? - Not only does Brad of EnemyofDebt provide a great budget for all of us here, but he describes the structure of it as well as how you can create your own. It’s kind of the whole ‘feed a man for a day or teach him to fish’ approach that I like.
- The Minimalist Week: 5 Days 5 Ways to Apply Simplicity – Everett Bogue discusses some simple steps to developing more of a minimalist lifestyle. Obviously, with my approach over at The Minimalist Path, I think his suggested ways are a great stride in the direction of LESS.
- 50 Reasons Why You Should Be Happy to Be Alive – Dayne over at TheHappySelf is doing some great work at improving our outlook on life. This post is a great way to flip your bad day right side up and start thinking more positive.
Thanks for everything great bloggers in 2009. I can’t wait for what is to come in 2010.