Sometimes, the Monthly Goal Report opens my eyes to the incredible possibilities when focused on specific goals. Other times, going in a completely different direction ends up being the action that leads to even more growth. March of 2011 was the latter.
What I Accomplished in March
I started March with personal goals that I expected to blow out of the water. Unfortunately and fortunately, I followed a completely different path.
- Finish Destination X Project – I am excited to say that this was my biggest goal of the month and I did an excellent job at getting this one done. Actually, I have Jonathan and Lisa to thank most for finishing this one. It took a lot of time, energy, and heart to complete this project, but I think it will have far reaching effects on many peoples lives. Sign up to be notified upon launch in the top right sidebar.
- Become a Freelance Writer – Failed this one miserably. By miserably, I mean didn’t even look into it at all. Destination X could be an excuse, but I definitely had enough time in the month that I should have looked into this at least a bit. Maybe a future goal.
- Complete a Month-Long Fruitarian Diet – Bombed on this one. I was so looking forward to this one. I don’t blame my wife-to-be for much, but this one is her fault. When I was single and lived alone, I could maintain the best physical fitness and diet. Living with someone else who wants different things at different times can be tough. This was definitely the fruitarian case. It wasn’t 3 days before we couldn’t handle the other’s desire to eat bad when we didn’t. I plan on trying this again in the future as I do my best on a primarily fruit diet. For now, it is going on the back burner.
What I Learned
Setting one major goal is great, but I must look back at the other things I want to accomplish and try to improve upon them. Small goals are goals (as you will read and practice in Destination X) and deserve attention just like the big goals.
What I learned is that I am a person of lists and schedules. If I don’t have either, I wander aimlessly. I don’t accomplish the many things I set out to do and I take 2 steps back for every 2 steps I take forward. In other words, I don’t go back nor forward…I just stay where I am at. I hate where I am at in my strive to become independent again so I need to take leaps and bounds to prevent stagnation.
April 2011 Goals
- Launch Destination X - I know this will be a reality, but I want to make it’s release HUGE. I want to help as many people as possible so I am taking this launch more serious than any other book launch I have ever done. Along with that, I want to donate a ton of money to Nate Walks America so this needs to be big.
- Have 5 Killer Posts Set to Go Pre-Honeymoon – My fiancée and I are weird so we are going on our honeymoon a week and a half before our wedding. Kauai here we come April 22nd. From April 22nd to May 7th (The Wedding), I will have no free time so I want to make sure I can still implement a few things during that time. Having regular posts ready to go is critical. This one is a must.
- Make $100 via eBook – Seeing as I am giving away 100% of all revenue the first 24 hours of the Destination X launch, I think this may be tough. On top of that, I want to make $100 outright. In other words. The couple hundred bucks I spent on the eBook creation process needs to be accounted for before “profit” comes into play. The marketing approach is critical, so, hopefully, you will see an onslaught of promoters come April 18th.
- Sketch Outline for Next BIG Project – What is the next big project? I have no idea yet. I am going to buy a journal-type notepad for the Hawaii venture and try to write down as many notes as possible to figure out what I want to do next. I love sketching out ideas and 6.5 hours on a plane both ways should certainly lend me some creative flow time.
Some big happenings in my world over the next few weeks. I am pumped to get going this month (seeing as a week has already passed). I will have a much better idea as to whether my approach and ideas are valid to the world I want to support them with by month’s end. I hope you are still around to support my growth.
Let me know if there is anything I can help you with at any time…