Inaction is the greatest risk of all – Tim Ferriss
There is no better way to accomplish one’s dreams than testing and tracking every action and inaction one takes. At least, that’s how I have accomplished most of the amazing things I have done in my life. Thus, there is no better way to succeed at my goals going forward than by tracking them via a monthly goal report.
The birth of my monthly goal report is, unfortunately, not a brainchild of mine. Over the last 2 years, I have come to love the approach started by Pat Flynn of Smart Passive Income. He has seen uncommon success and his ‘My Monthly Report‘ is prime evidence of such. Flynn has developed a report that details not only his income success, but his personal achievements and failures. If there is anyone I would love to emulate, it is Pat Flynn. Thus, this report will commonly have the same look and feel of Flynn’s, but will bear my success’, failures,and goals going forward.
Not All About the Dollar Bill
Though I will be following in the footsteps as Flynn, I will be primarily focusing on the following approach…
- Reflecting on Previous Actions/Inactions
- Establishing Goals
- Outlining a Path
- Personal Development
I will be reporting the figures of my online business progress along with the other aspects of the going’s on in my life. Why you ask? Because people love seeing figures. They are addicted to them. They are tangible and people love to see that 1 + 1 does equal 2.
With that said, the dollar signs are not what this is all about. They should and will not be the focus of the monthly reports. They are just an integral part of the whole story telling process.
Now that you know how this will work, let’s get to it…
What I Learned
January was an up-and-down month for me. I almost threw in the white towel, but thankfully, there were a ton of supporters that kept me standing tall. If there was nothing else I learned in this past month, the sole fact that having fan’s/groupies/supporters is far more valuable than we tend to acknowledge.
After multiple failures when it came to the Life Excursion site redesign and approach, I finally came to a product that I am proud of. There will be a few tweaks going forward, but the site is primarily how it will look going forward.
February 2011 Goals
Now this is where all the fun begins.
One of the main reasons I “started over” with Life Excursion was that I needed to get my tail into a higher gear. I hate mediocrity and that’s what I was starting to fall to. Through this new approach, not only will I be helping others achieve their dreams, but I will be achieving goals of my own.
Here are February’s goals:
- Start a Design Company – I love the rare approach that Steve Kamb & Mars Dorian have taken by starting their own t-shirt companies. So, as I believe copying successful, bright individuals is important and quite acceptable, I will be starting my own design company. I don’t plan on doing much of the design (more on that in a bit), but I plan on running a small design company that produces clothing and other gear via outsourcing through a company like SKREENED.
- Going to Outsource One Thing – I have put off trying to outsource via sites like Elance for too long. As part of the new design company, I am possibly going to outsource a few designs for the clothing aspect. If not with the design company, I will outsource something…anything. Any outsourcing suggestions can be left in the comments….PLEASE, I need suggestions.
- Have 100 Facebook Likes for the LifeExcursion Page – What?! You haven’t seen the whole new kick-ass Facebook page. Click here to go LIKE it right away. There will be more site growth goals in the near future, but I wanted to start with something I think is attainable and go from there.
- Finish DESTINATION X…My Latest eBook – Surprisingly, I have not launched an eBook in 6 months. I miss it. Sure, it is crazy, but it is rewarding. I haven’t had that good feeling of accomplishment in a long time. This project is going to be FREE to everybody. For more on it, please click here to get the latest info as well as being the first to receive it for FREE.
For the month of February, these are my goals. I have a lot of other smaller goals, but these are ones that I want to put out there so that I am accountable. The other goals, I will accomplish on my own, so there is little worry there.
I hope you enjoyed this first Monthly Goal Report. Trust me, they will be much more exciting going forward.