My Life Excursion has taking me down many paths. I have traveled overseas, I have accomplished many of my ‘young-life’ goals, I have been able to stay financially stable throughout the tough last decade, I have started this blog as well as The Minimalist Path, I have goals set up in place for the rest of my life (that will surely be adjusted and added to), and most importantly I am happy. One that I rarely focus on, but has made a huge impact on my life throughout the years has been making a difference.
Early on, my family, educators, and friends all stressed the importance of making a difference in others lives. Recently, I have had the opportunity to make a few, but want to focus on one that means a lot to me.
A LifeExcursion reader by the name of Sarah commented on my post Living Off The College Mean (click here to read her comment). I was so taken back by her direct honesty that I could not disregard her comment. I immediately wrote back to her, asking her to contact me about helping her out. Now mind you, Sarah has accomplished quite a bit in her life. She is now just looking for help finding her path. Sarah is not alone in this. I am still trying to discover my own path. I think most of us always will be. But Sarah, unlike most of us, was willing to ask for help.
I provided Sara with a few tips and suggestions (which you will read further down in this article) to implement in the next weekend. Not only did Sarah go out and blow me away, she impressed many of my fellow bloggers who are much more well known than me. These other bloggers emailed me how they were extremely impressed with her effort and willingness to change. Sarah finished as much of the tasks as possible, which was pretty much everything, and created an awesome site where she is now sharing her thoughts. Her site is called Shift Sarah and you can CLICK HERE to check it out.
The biggest thing about Sarah’s actions were that she took the initiative to change her life. We all can do it. We all can live the life we want. A lot of times we are just too lazy. Well, we should all look at Sarah’s accomplishment and strive to do the same. In the following paragraph’s, I will show you how you can do the same.
I was more than happy to give Sarah as much help as I possibly could and hopefully, will still be able to help her in her new ventures. The following were my immediate suggestions she do to start up a change in her life. I suggest you try them out as well to see if they can give your life a boost in the right direction.
Take this coming weekend and do all of the following. Simple as that. No Excuses. Change your life for the better right now. I know you can.
- Buy Crush It right here or at your local bookstore (check out my review first). Read cover to cover then implement. (When money allows it, go to amazon and buy 4HWW)
- Set aside 2 hours to work on your finances. That means gathering ALL of your financial paper ‘stuff’ and organize it. Then go to Mint.com, sign up and see where your money is headed. Also set up budgets. Then check this DAILY. Not once a week or every other day, but daily.
- Watch this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhqZ0RU95d4
- Write a list of 5 things you want in life in the next year. Then 5 for the next 5 years. Then another 5 for the next 10 years.
- Question every action you make over the weekend.
- Lastly, I want you to chronicle this whole experience Sunday night or Monday. This will make you accountable this weekend. Sucks I know, but guess what….it’ll work
These may take up a lot of your time this weekend. But changing your life now will help you capture it tomorrow. Trust me, regrets are the worst thing in the world. Stop regretting and start acting. I know you can do what you want to do in life, but you have to take the steps to do it. Hopefully, this guide will help motivate you. Start making a difference in your life TODAY.
***Please forward this link to anyone you think may need a life changing push***
Let me know how this article was for you. I would love feedback on it, Sarah’s experience, as well as your own if you tested it out.
Have a good one…